This Rich sugar-free cake is full of antioxidants (found in raw cacao), you can also generously layer it with berries – which works in this cake’s favour, the whole process takes only 15 minutes! :)
If you are on a strict candida diet, I would not recommend this desert as it still uses agave. Even though agave’s GL is lower than sugar’s, it is still far too sweet for candida.
for the dough:
- 3 cups of walnuts
- 20 dates
- 2/3 cups of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
for the chocolate sauce:
- 1 ½ tablespoons of agave
- 3 tablespoons of carob/cacao powder
- one ripe banana
- strawberries/raspberries, etc.
- shredded coconut
- Process (Pulse in a processor) the walnuts with salt into a mixture that is not fully powdered, where the pieces areapproximately twice as big as sugar granules.
- Add cacao powder, dates and vanilla and process until the mixture is fully homogenized.
- Place the mixture onto your setting plate, wash your hands thoroughly and press & form the “dough” into a cake shape.
- Make your chocolate sauce and decorate: mix agave and cacao powder in a small bowl until well mixed. Pour over the cake, place generous amounts of strawberries or bananas over the entire cake and (if you like) sprinkle with shredded coconut. The picture above is of the first one I made, so it doesn’t have as much fruit as works best for it as I later discovered that generously layering strawberries and/or bananas really offsets the rich chocolate “dough” of this yummy desert! So, do add a whole layer of banana rings or half strawberries or raspberries! :))
- Chill for 5 minutes in the fridge if desired before serving. Enjoy! :)