Oriental Raw ‘Paper-less’ Rolls with a Raw Chilli Dip :)
Serves 2 (or a very hungry one). Serves 4 as a starter.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tsp linseeds
- 2/3 Medium-size red onion
- 1 1/2 medium carrots
- 1 tsp Cajun Spice
- 1 tsp fresh coriander
- 1/3 tsp fresh parseley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch dried or 2 small rings fresh ginger root (Optional if you prefer quite spicey dishes)
- White Cabbage leaves or Chinese Cabbage Leaves
Raw Chilli Dip
- 1 Tbs finnely chopped fresh chilli
- 1/3 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbs Agave or coconut nectar or raw honey
- pinch good salt
- 1/2 tsp water
- Start with the chilli dip: Finely chop/crush all the Dip ingredients. Mix all the ingredients very well in a small mixing bowl, pressing the chilli and garlic into the walls of the bowl to release the flavour as you are mixing. Alternatively use mortar and pestle and crush the ingredients for a more intense flavour! Set aside to marinade as you are preparing your rolls.
- Place all of the ingredients for the filling into the food processor and process until slightly smaller than the bread crumb consistency.
- Wash and remove the hard veins from the leaves you are using (especially for the white cabbage). Cut the Chinese or white cabbage leaves into approximately 4cm x 5 cm squares or simply use approximately 1/3 cabbage leaf per roll.
- Into each cabbage leaf place around 2 teaspoons of the vegetable filling, lengthwise and slightly closer to one edge and roll into small neat rolls.
- Arrange your rolls on a plate, transfer your dip into a dipping dish or directly onto the plate beside your rolls and Enjoy! :)