When growing up in Russia, I used to love spring onions from the market available as the first local greens each spring! The salad of choice would have been spring greens with a finely cut boiled egg and mayo. To transit this into my Raw Diet I have experimented a bit and came up with a salad of sacha inchi powder mixed with lemon juice and salt on a bed of beautiful greens with a gorgeous aroma of fresh dill! Dill is one of my favourite herbs, and adding it to any salad instantly brings up memories of hot summers, bright sunshine and school holidays spent in nature away from the big city! :)
- 1 Medium-size Zucchini (courgettes)
- 4 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Spring Onion bulb
- 1 small or 1/2 meadium-large avocado
- 3-4 sprigs of dill
- Juice of 1/2 medium-size lemon
- 3/4 Tbs sacha Inchi Powder (or ground pine nuts or ground hemp seed powder or sprouted hemp protein)
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 Tbs Flax, hemp or organic extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Grate the zucchini on a medium-size grater. Cut Romaine Leaves into fine strips. Place both into a bowl or a plate.
- Cut the avocado into bite-size pieces and chop the spring onion and dill. Add to the salad.
- Mix the sacha inchi powder with the lemon juice and salt and pour the mixture over the greens.
- Mix all the ingredients up, serve and enjoy! :)
Note: As this salad contains quite a bit of protein, it can be eaten as a meal on its own. The greens in the salad are alkalising, the dill has a lot of chlorophyl and antioxidants & essential oils that are beneficial for health. Definitely do make and have more, should you feel like it! :)
3 thoughts on “Raw “Quintessential Russian Summer” Green Salad”
Thank you, Ea :)
Will be posting much more soon! Let me know if you make it and how it turns out! :D
I love this salad! I came across this blog just recently and I like the simplistic, very healthy recipes. Hope to see more simplistic recipes like this :) best, ea
Really neat article post.Truly thank you! Keep writing.